The mission of the NZCFA is to be a medium that facilitates churches to fellowship and share the gospel of Jesus Christ through sport.
- Allow people to enjoy socialising within a Christian atmosphere
- Cultivate an atmosphere and culture that enables churches to witness to non-christian team mates
- Deliver the gospel message in a relevant way through NZCFA committee initiatives
- Provide a competitive environment within a Christian sphere of influence that will enable sporting participants to achieve their optimum individual and Team performance potential
- Recognise and reward players that have outstanding attitude and ability
- Enable people with Sunday Church & family commitments to engage in organised sport on other days
- Keep participation within the financial reach of all people
- Work closely with other sports ministries to develop synergies at a national and international level
- Strive for excellence in the organisation and operation of the NZCFA that entices churches to embrace NZCFA initiatives.